2017-2018 Innovation Fellows Team, Spots are Full!
We will be accepting applications for the 2018-19 Team starting Jan. 2018
Be an Innovator!
The University of Minnesota is recruiting dynamic and creative individuals to join our cross-disciplinary team for 10½ months of medical device innovation. Applicants must be dedicated to improving human health and well-being and committed to working in a collaborative, cross-disciplinary team. Successful candidates are self-driven and highly motivated individuals with an entrepreneurial spirit and special interest in medical devices.
Since the Program's inception in 2008, Innovation Fellows have partnered with more than 200 entrepreneurs, physicians, investors, global institutions, and executives from leading medical device companies such as Medtronic, Boston Scientific, and St. Jude Medical to solve a variety of healthcare needs, including medical devices designed for cardiovascular diseases, diabetes, cancer, neurological disorders, pediatric illness, and neo-natal care.
Fellows build an extensive network of contacts within the world-leading med tech ecosystem of the Twin Cities and gain experience assessing opportunities, inventing therapies, and strategizing for the clinical, regulatory, reimbursement and financing activities necessary to develop a commercially viable product. After their year in the Program, Fellows thrive in a variety of pursuits, including starting their own companies, leadership positions with early-stage to large, multi-national medical device manufacturers, joining design & development service providers, research/teaching positions in academic institutions, and clinical practice.
• Work closely with clinicians at the University of Minnesota Academic Health Center
• Identify unmet clinical needs, invent, and test prototype solutions
• Generate high quality intellectual property with a goal of commercialization
• Highly motivated team-player
• Evidence of creativity and innovation
• MD, PhD or relevant industry experience preferred
• Monthly salary and health benefits provided
• Use of first-class engineering and medical facilities
• Access to top MDs, PhDs, and industry leaders
How to Apply
- Complete and submit the online application with supporting documents (cover letter, CV, essay and references) at the University Employment Opportunities website.
- 2017-18 Team application instructions.
The University of Minnesota is committed to the policy that all persons shall have equal access to its programs, facilities, and employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, disability, public assistance status, veteran status, or sexual orientation